Please consider a February (heart month) interview with Amanda Rose Adams, author of Heart Warriors, A Family Faces Congenital Heart Disease. The US Centers for Disease Control states that 40,000 babies will be born with congenital heart disease (CHD) in 2012, and eight thousand of them will not live to see their first birthday in 2013. With a diagnosis rate as high as autism, more is required to combat common yet deadly disease. Unfortunately, the public is terribly confused about CHD an issue further complicated by misinformed media and celebrities. Your audience will want to know:
- Startling examples of how little doctors and midwives know about CHD.
- How Kate Jackson misrepresent Congenital Heart Defects.
- Howe Katherine Heigl’s denial of her daughter’s heart condition impacts millions of families impacted by CHD.
- Other celebrities with CHD.
- When the press gets it wrong, how can we get it right?
- Where you can find solid information about Congenital Heart Disease, your risk factors, and treatment options.
Heart Warriors is Amanda Rose Adams’ harrowing tale of raising a child who faced twelve heart surgeries before kindergarten and includes a field guide for parents facing similar complex congenital heart defects and useful tips for family and friends who want to support those facing CHD. Adams has appeared in the media and given speeches for groups of ten to ten thousand on behalf of the American Heart Association and the Children’s Heart Foundation. As an informed advocate and thought leader in the CHD community, Adams is a confident and helpful guest who will educate and inspire your audience.
Amanda Rose Adams