- After swimming lessons when he was 11 months old, Liam ate a french fry and ketchup for the first time.
- I couldn’t get enough Runza when I was pregnant with Moira. In fact, I ate there after my last doctor appointment the day before she was born.
- My kids love Runza, Jim loves Runza, and I do too. It’s one place we all like to eat.
- For a couple of years when the kids were very, very small, there was a restaurant called Mancino’s right next to Runza where we had pizza several times a month. It’s where the kids had their first root beers. Liam called pizza ZaZa. Moira called it Cheeba. Mancino’s closed a long time ago, but Runza was still there.
- Dang they have good crinkle-cut fries.
Well, cheers to Runza. I’m glad their employees all found new jobs. I’m glad there’s a Runza in Loveland too, but it’s always a little sad to see a piece of history, even recent history, slip away right in front of you. Sigh.