Some truths about dogs and floor care:
- Dogs are better/more versatile than vacuum cleaners because there’s no need to switch to the hose attachment to get the dog to suck dead spiders off the basement floor.
- Dogs are better/more thorough than a broom/dustpan combo because only one dog is required to get all the crumbs the kids left on the kitchen floor after breakfast.
- A dog is better than a mop/faster because that coffee spilled on the way to the couch is LONG gone before one could free the wet swifter cloth from the box much less to the spill.
- While there is the occasional time that one must clean the floor AFTER their dog, it is not as bad as emptying a dust canister from a vacuum or as frequent as pulling dust bunnies from a broom.
- We’ll leave the outside outside; that’s a whole other surface.